criticism - introduction
This section currently contains a variety of work I produced over the course of my D.Phil research in both Oxford and Hamburg (1995-99).
D. Phil thesis
- Writing and Rewriting the First World War: Ernst Jünger and the Crisis of the conservative Imagination, 1914-1925 (1999)>
Seminar and Conference Papers
- Ernst Jünger and the First World War: History and the Crisis of Theory and Language (1995)>
- Der (un)heroische Nihilismus in "Stahlgewittern": Ernst Jüngers Kriegsschriften (1998)>
- Ernst Jünger im 20. Jahrhundert. Edited by Hans-Harald Müller and Harro Segeberg>
- Princes of the Trenches: Narrating the German Experience of the First World War. By Ann P. Linder>
- Ernst Jünger and Germany: Into the Abyss, 1914-1945. By Thomas Nevin>
© John King, 2017. Last updated Thu, 20th May 2010.