ernst jünger in cyberspace

mailing list archive - Orplid / Lady Morphia

Dear Roberto,

<< Nick, are Orplid similar to Anathema, or The 3rd and the Mortal?
 The Gathering? or ar they mostly in the way of Elend and other
 avantgarde bands?can you tell me of similar groups - is just to
 make myself an idea of their music?
 Have you edited something with your project - or have you
 something in MP3? I am very interested in that kind of music >>

It is quite difficult to compare Orplid to anyone else, since they have a
very original sound.  However, some of the better known acts associated with
this form of music include Death in June, Sol Invictus and (parts of) Current
'93'.  These (British) artists really gave rise to the genre which is now
labelled "neo-folk" or "post-industrial".  I would go as far to say that
Death in June make the best music on the planet!  Their "Rose Clouds of
Holocaust" album is a good place to start.

Orplid also seem to have influenced some newer German groups, the best of
which besides them is Forseti.  For more information on them, visit
www.eislicht.de  This is the home of Eis und Licht Tontraeger, the label
around which this "new German folk" scene revolves.

My own project, Lady Morphia, has no MP3's available at present.  However,
you could try a search on Napster.  Alternatively, check out
http://www.morpharts.de/tesco-org.html for ordering information.  There
should be an interview online at <A
HREF="www.heimdallr.ezwww.ch/ladyinterGB.html">
www.heimdallr.ezwww.ch/ladyinterGB.html</A>, as well as another on an LM site
which is currently under heavy construction: <A
HREF="ladymorphia.tripod.com/inter.htm">ladymorphia.tripod.com/inter.htm</A>.
 Juengerites should note that our album "Recitals to Renewal" is heavily
inspired by EJ, and even dedicated to him.  In a recent German interview (not
online) I was even asked about John's website!  So, this discussion is not
entirely irrelevant.  Advert ends!

In Amicitia,

Nick.

Markup © John King, 2014. Web archive generated Thu, 20th May 2010.