ernst jünger in cyberspace

mailing list archive - "The Storm of Steel" in English

Dear Daniel,

Since you reside in the UK, you should also be able to obtain "The Storm of
Steel" via www.<A HREF="www.amazon.co.uk">amazon.co.uk</A>.  However, be
warned that the translation is not up to much.  It transforms a good deal of
Juenger's dynamic, vibrant vignettes into staid, wooden prose.  I can't shake
the feeling that Basil Creighton's (i.e.: the translator's) British reserve
got in the way of an accurate rendering of EJ's words!  But, perhaps I assume
too much... .

In Amicitia,

Nick.

Markup © John King, 2014. Web archive generated Thu, 20th May 2010.