ernst jünger in cyberspace

mailing list archive - Search for a metaphor

Somewhere in his writings EJ settles the old quarrel "Creation or Evolution?" by
a synthesis in the form of a metaphor: the world is a carpet thrown by the
Creator before us and while it is unfurling we see more and more of its intricate
patterns evolving. Precisely because this is a deplorably imprecise rendering of
the passage in question I would like to know where to find it and thus to mend my
vague remembrance of the wording.
Günter Rebing, Bonn

Markup © John King, 2014. Web archive generated Thu, 20th May 2010.